Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Tired and Not Inspired...

Tuesday Practice night again, and I was tired. I ran with my run club again last night, and ran sets of 5&1s. I wanted to fight because practice was cancelled last Sunday, and I'll miss the next two Sundays.

My heart wasn't in it and I was sloppy. Defense was slow, and my blows were weak. I sparred with Viscount Kenneth, and I opened up my shield when I swung. Ken showed me a sweet move with a leg thrust and a morion, a kind of upward snap. He said he learned it as a "secret chivalry technique" from Duke Garrick of Calontir. Your opponent drops his shield for the leg thrust and can't recover for the helmet snap. I'll need to pratice it, but it wasn't hard to do!


Edwin gave me a few grins and my timing improved a bit after I rested. I really need to learn more than two shots, though I did get him rather soundly in his armpit(Sorry!) I told him I was getting back for the wicked butt wrap he gave me! We did an elegent double kill, as well. I am seeing openings better and slowly improving my timing. Though I didn't make leaps and bounds of progress tonight, I'm not totally disappointed with my performance today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home